What Makes ClickUp Different From Other Project Management Tools?
ClickUp was created out of the frustration we experienced with other project management platforms. No matter how many options we tried, we were never able to find a platform that could fully support our needs.
Our issues with other products included:
- Too simplistic, or ridiculously complex
- Lacked intuitiveness (difficult on-boarding, frustrating to use afterward)
- Quickly became bulky, cluttered, and unmanageable
- Couldn’t accommodate our entire workflow into one project management software, leading us to rely on two or three to do one job
ClickUp solves these problems with 6 key differentiators:
At the end of the day, a beautiful design is great, but it only matters when it also makes user experience exceptional.
ClickUp’s core platform is based entirely around providing a perfect user experience. This translates into more efficiency and productivity, fewer headaches, and a product you’re sure to fall in love with.
2. Customer Service
We believe that, in general, customer service sucks. We also believe that it shouldn’t be that way. We truly care about our users more than anything in the world, and we’ll go above and beyond to prove it.
Our customer support team is working every day of the week to ensure that you get the answers you need as quickly as possible. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get back to you ASAP!
With ClickUp’s customization options, you can decide what is and is not visible within your project management platform, cutting out the clutter so you can get to work.
4. Features & Functionality
Many project management software can end up simply imitating one another. On the other hand, Clickup strives to satisfy user needs while providing useful features that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Notepad: Capture brainstorming ideas, create an agenda, and so much more.
- Advanced Recurring Tasks: ClickUp’s engineers test countless use cases to offer the most robust recurring tasks of any project management software.
- Task Tray: Keep important tasks minimized in your tray for later review, without losing any work in progress.
- Assigned Comments: Assign small action items to team members that will never slip through the cracks.
- Favorites: Optimize your ClickUp views to fit your personal workflows. Save not only your favorite Project views but also your favorite sorting and filtering options!
We’re also committed to providing transparency when it comes to the additions we plan for ClickUp. Check out our roadmap to see where we’re heading next.
Due to our rich customization options, the platform will never become bloated as our list of features grows.
Not seeing a feature or integration that you need? Let us know on our feedback request page. Our management checks for new feedback often, so this is the best way for us to get a sense of which new features and integrations our users would most like to see.
5. Built for Everyone
Traditionally, teams and individuals use more than one project management product to accomplish their workflow. For example, they’d use Todoist for a to-do list, Invision for design, and JIRA for development.
We believe this disconnect is a root cause for inefficiency and communication barriers between departments in your team.
Spaces provide ample customization options to ensure that ClickUp can be utilized by every organization imaginable — from marketing to engineering, to operations, and tasks and information can be quickly shared between
This also means you can use it for personal life organization at the same time.
At the heart of project management is organization. We strongly feel that structure is broken in other platforms, which is why created the ClickUp Hierarchy.
At first, it can be a bit daunting, but in practice, it actually makes life much easier. Once you start with structure, you’ll always have it. And once you have it, you’ll love it!
See why other tools fall short every single time?
Oftentimes within a company, each department will use a different tool for project management. But if you’re like most companies, each department usually interacts with at least one other. And then you have to do a lot of haggling and manipulating to get project details to line up just right. ClickUp solves those issues.
With ClickUp, your whole organization can get on board. Perfect.
Check out this page for more tips on how to be productive with ClickUp.
Client Success Champion